Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Platform
Modern organizations rely increasingly on public clouds such as Oracle’s for virtually all their new workload deployments. But public clouds create unique security challenges, with most risks originating from components managed by you.
Protect your enterprise’s Oracle Cloud Infrastructure platform with optimized Symantec solutions so you can securely:
- Migrate legacy on-premises applications to the Oracle cloud
- Deploy new cloud-native applications and services
- Utilize elastic capacity to meet spikes in demand
Public cloud security requires special expertise
Public cloud security and compliance is a special case.
Why? For example …
- Public cloud applications are componentized, preconfigured, and template based; they’re also dynamic, mobile, orchestrated, and automated.
- The public cloud model can’t support extensive configuration efforts and long tuning cycles, two hallmarks of traditional on-premises security.
- Public cloud architecture makes it a poor choice for retrofitted on-premises security systems.
Our deep understanding of what makes public clouds unique is a key to our ability to fully protect the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure platform.
Safe Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (briefly) explained
The Oracle platform comprises a full, integrated set of subscription-based services enabling businesses to run any workload in the cloud—one that’s managed, hosted, and supported by Oracle. It includes core infrastructure capabilities such as elastic compute and storage.
Additionally, the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure platform offers high-performance, high-availability, and cost-effective infrastructure services by combining the elasticity and utility of the public cloud with the granular control, security, and predictability of on-premises infrastructure.
Symantec, Oracle—and you
We recognize Oracle is a leading public cloud provider and we’ve partnered with them to deliver Symantec security optimized for the Oracle Cloud. Specifically, Symantec protects applications and instances—the subscriber-controlled components in the Oracle Cloud.
This security complements Oracle’s global cloud infrastructure and platform services security. Put another way: Oracle Cloud customers are responsible for security IN the cloud; that’s where Symantec comes in. Oracle is responsible for security OF the cloud.
For more information, please review the Oracle Infrastructure and Platform Cloud Services Security?white paper.
Symantec Control Compliance Suite
Control Compliance Suite delivers business-aware security and risk visibility so that customers are effectively able to align priorities across security, IT operations, and compliance. It automates continuous assessments and delivers a unified view of security controls and vulnerabilities. Customers can deploy Control Compliance Suite on-premises or on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure to assess their Oracle instances and applications. With Control Compliance Suite, customers are able to harden the cloud infrastructure, prioritize security remediation, enable the secure migration to the software-defined data center, and support continuous assessments for Cyber Security and Continuous Monitoring.
Symantec Protection Engine for Cloud Services
Symantec Protection Engine is a flexible and feature-rich client/server application that allows customers to incorporate malware and threat detection technologies into almost any application. Protection Engine includes Symantec's proprietary, patented URL categorization technology and industry-leading malware protection for fast, scalable, and reliable content scanning services. These services help organizations protect their data and storage systems against the ever-growing malware threat landscape.
Symantec Data Loss Prevention
Customers can now confidently deploy workloads containing confidential data to the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure platform with Symantec’s market-leading data loss prevention (DLP) solution. Symantec Data Loss Prevention provides comprehensive coverage and unified management of your confidential data across the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure platform and your on-premises environment.
Symantec Data Loss Prevention is a content-aware data security solution that discovers, monitors and protects confidential data stored across the Oracle Infrastructure platform. Unlike other security solutions that provide limited DLP controls, Symantec Data Loss Prevention delivers deep content inspection, sophisticated policy and incident management, and proven scalability and performance. With Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Symantec Data Loss Prevention, businesses can confidently deploy workloads to the cloud without sacrificing control over their confidential data.
Symantec Endpoint Protection
Symantec Endpoint Protection provides defense in depth, whether in the cloud or on-premises. Get machine learning; behavioral, cross-vector protection; and network protection/firewall as part of complete antimalware protection. Validated by third-party tests, Symantec Endpoint Protection is the most effective intelligent endpoint security solution available on the market. Reduce the complexity of advanced threat protection with Oracle Cloud workloads and maximize your infrastructure protection and performance with Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Granular control—Proactively secure your ecosystem with policy-based system lockdown and application control, including advanced whitelisting and blacklisting for greater protection and productivity, and Host Integrity to detect unauthorized changes, conduct damage assessments, and ensure endpoint protection and compliance.
- Smarter management—Exert granular policy control through a single high-powered client and management console across both physical and virtual machines, making it easy to deploy, update, and manage your endpoint security across various locations, user groups, and operating systems.
Symantec Data Center Security
Gain complete server protection, monitoring, and workload micro-segmentation for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, private clouds, and physical on-premises data center environments.
Security hardening and monitoring for cloud and physical data centers with support for the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure platform.
- Gain agentless Docker container protection with full application control and integrated management.
- Block zero-day exploits with application whitelisting, granular intrusion prevention, and real-time file integrity monitoring (RT-FIM).
Continuous security monitoring of cloud and physical data centers with support for the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure platform.
- Monitor all of your infrastructure, including Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, and Docker container environments.
- Receive alerts for unexpected changes to files, configurations, and settings.
- Rapidly identify and assess policy violations and suspicious activity.
Agentless antimalware and threat protection for your virtual servers.
- Optimize security performance for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure environments with agentless antimalware protection, network intrusion prevention, and file reputation services.
- Seamlessly orchestrate security policies across data center security: Server and third-party products.
- Encapsulate all security functionality and updates in a single guest virtual machine.